Lady Canary
I talk to myself. I can’t seem to find sanity these days. A normalcy that I sense to be inverted. They pillage the land and siphon it with chemicals suffocations. They abhor their women and complain about the fate of what lies ahead. They silence their truths and stomach hatred. Cowards lead and trembling feet follow. I find that there’s a loneliness in the silence I can appreciate. A lunacy that renders one imaginative. I started seeing the child I used to be. She’s doing well. She runs around with glee and hold my hand. She points to the sun. I steal a glance or two. A blinding welcome from a familiar friend. How is it the universe gives to us and we wreck such havoc? It is a grace that I’m still trying to honor in my days. The trees wave to me every morning and sing in the night. The shadows I used to fear are now warm embrace of a moonlight night. I can only write what I know. I can only sense what I believe. I can only be what I allow. I’ll be mad in a world as lost as this. I’ll be seen for what I’ve truly been in its absence. I can only answer to the extent of my inner self. Have I met myself? Do I truly know me? Have I moved beyond shame, regret, rejection, projection, and distortion? Is there more to meet beneath the surface? Am I ready to truly know? I walk a path in the mind that is quite lonesome. A free will that can be listless will find trouble. A soul that surrenders will find acceptance in the absurdity. If the heavens will have me, may I know myself further. May I defy an entirety with an unabashed heart. May my madness follow me further into the void so the light I hold is true. Cannot fear a world that doesn’t know its own reflection. The bastardized sentiments that invert what was once in earnest are now upheld with credence. And they call us crazy…
Comments
Post a Comment